SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

simultaneous logins/ ftp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pfarmer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:35 pm    
Post subject: simultaneous logins/ ftp

Hi there

I’d like to be able to provide 1 login account for more than 1 simultaneous login – is this possible? Its just that we have customers having functions that require several PC's wit inetrnet access - somtimes they want 1 login account rather than many different ones.

I also note that I cannot use ftp using active (rather than passive) mode. I’m guessing this is down to my firewall config and nothing to do with the application.

Many thanks
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:58 am    
Post subject:

1) FirstSpot username/password allows only 1 login (i.e. you cannot login from a second machine unless the first one is logged out).

2) Normally, if there is NAT (e.g. FirstSpot) between the client and ftp server, you need to use passive FTP to connect.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:50 am    
Post subject: ftp performance

Hi

are we saying that active ftp is not possible with your system. I accept that 'normally' you'd use passive mode - the problem is some of our customers are photogrpahers uploading photoes via ftp and we could never be sure that there's not one that has an ftp client configured for active ftp. This has caused us a problem in the past until we allowed both active and passive ftp.

I also note that uplaod/download speeds are considerably slower than an alternative solution. TRansfers speeds are around a minute - I'd expect 30 seconds. Using the same server, internet connection, etc in both setups.

Any ideas?

Thanks
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:10 pm    
Post subject:

2) If you want active FTP, please try:

- install FirstSpot in Windows 2000 Server or Windows Server 2003
or
- turn off NAT within FirstSpot (refer to chapter 3 of firstspot_guide.pdf for details)

3) slow download speed - this is not normal. Please make sure you haven't turned on Bandwidth Throttling or QoS within FirstSpot. Also, uninstall any anti-virus or spyware monitoring software as a test.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:25 am    
Post subject:

yes - turning off NAT in the software has resolved both the issues.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: