SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Language Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
canary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:51 pm    
Post subject: Language Question

Good afternoon,I am evaluating firstspot for use in a largely tourist enviroment.Please can you tell me where the language files can be obtained.
What editor should i use to edit a .php file.Can i also add text and instructions to the log in page.
Thankyou.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:22 am    
Post subject:

To change the text to another language, you can either go to UI Customization tab of Configuration Manager or edit the file custom_lang.php directly. Please check out Chapter 3 -> UI Customization of firstspot_guide.pdf for more information.

You can use Notepad to the edit the .php file. To customize the login page, you can edit the login_form.php file. Refer to chapter 5 of firstspot_guide.pdf for details.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:33 pm    
Post subject: Language Question

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.The only remaining query that i have regards language files.Do i have to manually translate the default file and rename it as ital or spanish etc.....or does a translation exist,and if so where can i find it.
Does anybody out there have a solution?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:22 pm    
Post subject:

For Spanish, you can contact our gold partner in Spain ( email : comercial@wifisafe.es ). Of course, you should order FirstSpot from them in case you need their help.

For Italian, you need to translate the file yourself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: