SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Slow Network Preformance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmstelzer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:54 pm    
Post subject: Slow Network Preformance

I have just installed the latest version of the software. Our setup is fairly complicated. We have a T1-->SonicWall Firewall (192.168.168.168) with NAT--> (192.168.168.243)-FirstSpot Server (NAT ON)-(192.168.166.200)-->Switch-->Multiple D-Link 3200AP's This system is part of a buisness network with the range of 192.168.168.0-255 I have setup a route on the sonicwall firewall for all traffic looking for the 192.168.166.x range to use 192.168.168.243 gateway (firstspot server public IP).

On Clients I have no issue pulling www.google.com the first time. If you refresh the page you can get it sometimes with a delay. If you try a non free site it will pull up the login page very fast. Login and the redirected page cannot be displayed. Try google.com again now and it cannot be displayed as well. Sometimes before loging in you can pull up a search page from google.com if you are lucky.

Based on NSLOOKUP the DNS is forwarding through flawlessly, no issues looking up any DNS requests.

Pinging does not seem to work, always times out no matter where you go besides the fistspot server address.

The sucess of one site sometimes leads me to believe the traffic can come back trough on the correct path but this may remain to be the issue.

How can I begin to fix this problem? Any ideas?
The firstpot server internet access is flawless.

THANKS
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:57 am    
Post subject:

It is quite hard for me to guess, but it seems that the packets are not returning correctly (routing problem?) since ping does not work. Try to check your Sonicwall, or better yet simplify your network a bit to make the troubleshooting easier.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:14 pm    
Post subject:

Do you think that allowing fragmented packets could resolve this?
How about allowing source IP packets?

Thanks
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:40 am    
Post subject:

You can try to use TCPOptimizer. See http://patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6968#6968 for more information.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:00 pm    
Post subject: Works Great!

Everything with the login process works great now. TCPOptimizer fixed it all! Can you help me to figure out how to setup paypal payment. Is there a way to test this process before sending live payments through the system?
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:47 am    
Post subject:

Please refer to http://patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2058 and chapter 7 of firstspot_guide.pdf.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: