SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Rate Limitation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptainProton

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:43 pm    
Post subject: Rate Limitation

hi,

after solving most of my problems, one remains:

When many users are online at the same time, downloads become very slow. arround 30-50 kByte / sek. (240-400 kbit/s)

The internet connection of the servers public interface is of 16.000 kbit/s bandwidth. When meassuring the internet-speed on the server directly, I can achieve this value.

When many users are online at the same time (many means 10), it seems like the total(!) rate of the private interface on the FS server never exceeds 1000-2000 kbit/s, even though more bandwith would be possible.

I have created a plan with DL/UP rate-limitations of 250/40 kByte/s that all users are singed up to. the global bandwith for restricted accounts is set to 6/6 kByte/s. No user has yet reached the restrict-condition.

Is it possibel, that all users assigned to the same plan share this download-rate? (instead of: every user is allowed to use this rate on his own)

I have not turned on QoS.

The FS Servers CPU / Memory load is very low.

I have a premium account for myself, that has no limitations. It's as slow as all the others then.

When I am the only one online, I get full speed.

A little complicated, but I hope you can help.
CaptainProton

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:57 pm    
Post subject:

one more thing:

it seems like websites are displayed very quickly and with no delay. But I just tried to download Firefox an only reached 15 kbyte/s. The same with other downloads.

maybe a RAS issue?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: