SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

OpenSSL not on?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gsgriffin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:01 am    
Post subject: OpenSSL not on?

I'm attempting to use a script that requires a secure logon from an external website. I need to have OpenSSL for PHP on and running. It appears that the files are included in the FS setup, but it is not installed or running. The phpinfo() doesn't show it.

I'm hoping that I can simply unremark the include in the php.ini file and make sure the OpenSSL is in the PHP folder, but OpenSSL must be included as a part of the build of PHP, as I understand it.
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:45 am    
Post subject:

Are you talking about v4 or v5?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:32 pm    
Post subject: Sorry

Version 4
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:09 am    
Post subject:

The OpenSSL supposed to be already included in the Apache.

BTW, since in v5 we use the new Apache2/PHP5 with OpenSSL included as a integrated package (in v4, the Apache 1 is a bit messy, that's why it is not as stable), have you tried using FirstSpot v5?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:48 pm    
Post subject: V5 upgrade?

Funny. OpenSSL in Apache, but my PHP is not seeing it. I guess I have to figure this one out. PHP insists that their is no WRAPPER for HTTPS when I try to access a secure page from PHP code.

I have downloaded it but have not begun to play with it. My main reason is that I've invested a 1000 hours on customizing FS for this organization that is my primary market. From what I can see in the upgrades, there is nothing in the program that adds to what we need. The only benefit is Apache and PHP upgrades. I've been able to make everything work in PHP4 and Apache (though not the best) has at least worked.

My customization update the infobox to have:
-Weather forecast for local area with graphics, evening and tomorrow
-Calendar of events, with person/group specific event count down and alerts.
-Broadcasting that forces messages and allows for surveys and replies that are grouped and counted automatically.

I've added a customizable CMS that allows easy content management of an intranet website with 8 pages and 8 sections per page.

Language editor that allows for easy updating and changing of all of the languages.

I've added dozens of reports and tools to manage users, track and filter usage and datamine.

This is addition to all of the tools and reports that manage the above and report.

I don't mean to run on and on, but you can perhaps see why moving to V5 is a little scary for me. I just installed another V4 because it works and has all of my tools intact. To migrate to V5, I would hope that it is just a little add on to V4 and not a complete rework. It took me quite a while to figure out everything in your code to start with. I really don't want to do that again every year.
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:46 am    
Post subject:

Our test shows that at least for v5, you can just comment out:

extension=php_openssl.dll

within php.ini to make it work.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:50 pm    
Post subject: Not V4

Unfortunately, that is not the case for V4. From what I can tell, Openssl must be a part of the compile for php. I tried placing the dll in the correct folder and unremarking it from the php.ini, but that only caused the startup of Apache to have errors.

This organization is non-profit and just bought V4 last year. They can't afford an upgrade already. They are not making money with your product like most others. I would really like to make this work, but it is a nice-to-have and not critical.

If there is any V4 experience in making it work, I would be glad to hear that from anyone reading this as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: