SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

A great problem with bandwidth throttling

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
franjas

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:49 am    
Post subject: A great problem with bandwidth throttling

I have a version of Firstspot purchase in Spain, I installed it in a server and is working fine in a wifi lan with 4 Mb for download and 2 Mb for upload, but when one or more users login and launch edonkey, kazaa or emule the parameter specified in bandwidth throttling (20 for upload and 27 for download) apparently dont work and all the bandwidth is monopolized by this users, the navegation and downloads in all others users is impossible.

Other problem with the bandwidth throttling is in the downloads via http, only work this parameter for a simply download but if an user start two or more downloads simultaneously all are adjusted to a parameter specified in download (27 x 2 or 27 x 3, etc), this is solved with the parameter bt_drop_period=3, but if the user work with download accelerator this parameter dont work fine.

I dont have any manual, and the file firstspot_guide.pdf is very simply, I need a manual for advanced configuration for solve the problems.

Please reply as soon as possible.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:43 am    
Post subject:

The workaround parameter bt_drop_period=3 should work fine for download accelerator (we test it with GetRight). We will double-check.

Can you name the download accelerator you have problem with? Have you tried GetRight?

Also, please note the following:

1) The bandwidth throttling value is not exact. Usually, there are some slight variation in value (compared to the value you see in Windows File Download dialog box)

2) When you start the 2nd, 3rd, ... session, the value in Windows File Download dialog box will only change slowly to the bandwidth throttling you set in FirstSpot. This is due to the fact that Windows will calculate based on the average value of the whole download rather than the current download rate.
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:35 am    
Post subject:

continued on http://www.patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=242

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:35 am    
Post subject: Mensaje para franjas

Hola franjas,

Por favor, ponte en contacto conmigo para intercambiar expirencias.
Mi correo es [email deletetd]
Un saludo,

Ton.

Moderator, if you can make this message a PM for franjas, that's fine by me.
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:06 am    
Post subject:

Sorry we don't support PM (Private Message).

Please continued on http://www.patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=242 and we will resolve it there.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: