SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Second ADSL connection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shuxuanma1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:09 pm    
Post subject: Second ADSL connection

Hi

After some real setting up issues I finally managed to get FS to work. I'm have one question. I'm using a wireless AP via my laptop and at present I can connect to the internet fine. I would also like to connect to our corparate network via this ADSL connection using a separate username and password. How can I setup FS to do this for me.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:18 am    
Post subject:

I am not too sure about your question and network topologies, can you elaborate a bit more?

If all you want is to create new username/password, just go to Configuration Manager, click the user tab.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:17 pm    
Post subject:

Hi Alan

Thanks for the reply, that seemede to work. Can you please tell me why when I connect to the internet, If I want to start surfing the internet, it is so slow that it times out most of the time. Also I cannot seem to login from my browser from different websites. Every time I want to login, I have to use the exact same website that I used the first time?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:03 am    
Post subject:

That shouldn't be the case. The client should be able to go to any valid web sites, see the FirstSpot login page, then surf as usual (see the Flash demo in http://patronsoft.com/firstspot for an example).

One possible problem is your network topology (refer to the "Network Topologies" chapter in the firstspot_guide.pdf for details). Also, make sure your client obtains IP from FirstSpot DHCP Server.

If you still have problems, please post your:
1) "ipconfig/all" dump for both client and FirstSpot server
2) "route print" for FirstSpot server
3) config.ini

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:04 am    
Post subject:

Alan

My config /all looks fine. On my client PC I can ping to all interfaces on my network up to the point of the ADSL router interface. My topolgy is as follows:
internet--->ADSL router(PPPoE client)------> PC(FS)----> Client PC

The surfing of the internet is also very slow from the FS PC. I did Norton Live update and it took at least about 3 times longer that usual to do the updates. It seems like there is some kind of setting that needs to be done to increase the speed. I have not adjusted any other settings on my router that could cause the problem.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:44 am    
Post subject:

Should be routing problem. Does your slowness happen only after FirstSpot is started? How about if FirstSpot is shut down?

Also, please post the "ipconfig/all" and "route print" in your FirstSpot machine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: