SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

No Login Page

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lekan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:03 pm    
Post subject: No Login Page

Hi there, I have just downloaded you trial software for testing purpose. The reason I choose to try your software is that I dont have to change my adsl modem. All other hotspot software I have seen wants u to have an ICS server which I dont want. Good job there. I also love the html interface making it easy to use.

My problem with the trial i this. I am testing the software on my laptop with both wireless and lan port. My laptop is connected to the internet wirelessly and the lan port is connected to my AP. I have configured the AP without WEP security and not a DHCP server so that FIRSTSPOT can handle everything. Another desktop with a wireless card is used in connecting to the AP. What i discorvered is this, the client (Destop pc with wireless card) obatains ip address from the firspot server, I can ping it but when I open a valid website, it dosen't redirect me to a login page. It will return with error page can not be displayed. But when I try to access access www.patronsoft.com it opens. Another thing I notice is if I go to CMD and type IPCONFIG the connection-specific DNS Suffix is set to firstspot.org

Looking forward to your help before purchase
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:19 am    
Post subject:

Please check out the offloading issue at http://patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1086 .

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:15 pm    
Post subject:

I can see the word checksum, how do I remove it
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:21 pm    
Post subject:

Refer to readme.rtf for instruction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: