SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

User Access

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rkerckhoff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:28 pm    
Post subject: User Access

I haven't had a chance to download the eval version. I am interested in purchasing the software. We will have users coming in off the streets to get free Internet access in our Job Resource Center. When they access the network I would like a disclaimer page come up then if they agree to the terms click OK and then they can access the Internet. I would also like to impose time limits on all. For example users can only access the wireless between 7am and 5 pm. Can the Standard version accomplish this?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:25 am    
Post subject:

1) You can use Anonymous Option for that.

2) For 7am to 5pm enforcement, you can simply shutdown FirstSpot during off hours. Note that you use command :

net stop "PatronSoft FirstSpot Dispatcher"

to shutdown FirstSpot (see readme.rtf). Just put the above command in Windows Task Scheduler to run this command at the appropriate time.

3) FirstSpot Standard Edition sounds okay. But please do check out http://patronsoft.com/firstspot/editions.html to make sure you have the features you need.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: