SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

having problems...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smyers1972

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:33 am    
Post subject: having problems...

I installed your program two times so far. From the localhost acting as its server I can browse the web, nslookup, do anything I want to no problems...

Now connecting to the box from my wireless lan on my laptop is a whole different story...

a. I can get an ip
b. I can do nslookups (no errors)
c. I can ping outside the network

I can telnet to to config port and authserv ports and get a responce.

I can NOT browse the web, IE will sit on waiting for reply and respond with a dns error (generic message, and DNS works).

I can not get your program to capture my web request and send me to the login portal.

I followed your directions to a letter. No IIS, No DHCP, etc etc etc.

The server is running on Windows 2003 STD SP1. My laptop is windows xp media center (all service packed up).

I do NOT have anything entered into as Proxy, no auto config, no detect proxy settings.

For the life of me, I can not seem to figure out what the problem is.

I even repeatadly released my IP and renewed making sure the service was running on the server and still the same result.

I tried to access the 5787 port (management port) and was able to pull a login page. when trying the 5788 default port (unchanged) I dont get anything...

Some help? :)

please email me at smyers@tuscanylasvegas.com if you have more questions

I will re-hook the server up and provide VNC access if you want.

Thanks
smyers1972

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:58 pm    
Post subject: Anyone???

I think this program hass a lot of potential and would like to start using it, anyone have an answer to this problem above?
smyers1972

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:55 am    
Post subject: Yea -- nevermind

LOL - I feel very stupid, I missread the docs please disregard this question thanks!
mussels

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:29 am    
Post subject:

i have a similar issue to what you had, wherein i can acess www.google.com but nothing else. Right now i'm still working on it, but am on a limited timeframe.

Can you say what you read/did wrong and how you fixed it, so that i can see if thats my mistake too? thanks!
smyers1972

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:30 pm    
Post subject: Fix...

Read the readme.rtf and look for offloading...

You have to turn it off but in my case it would not turn off even though i went into the network interface and killed it there.

You have to go into the registry and add a key as outlined in the readme.rtf file and it worked fine :)
mussels

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:13 pm    
Post subject:

thanks, i read that in the file and forgot about it. I'll try it now.
mussels

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:43 pm    
Post subject:

yep worked! thanks man!
smyers1972

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:50 am    
Post subject: cool beans...

You dont even know how stupid I felt it was right in the docs too heh

oh well... RTFM i guess lesson learned on my part.

I am quite impressed with this application so far its about the best ive seen and have not bought it yet. I have to wait for a quote...
mussels

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:36 am    
Post subject:

yeah i read it, but it didnt occur to me that could be the problem.

I'm starting a WISP with another guy, and he seems to think linux boxes are the go for this. Got any ideas on howto convince a linux freak to go this software? :)
CyberElements

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:22 pm    
Post subject:

yeah show him how much easier this is. I'm doing/done the same. I setup the first WISP in Ellensburg, WA, and with CWU here there will be good income here!

if you have questions about that, email me, will be happy to help with hardware and such info :)
Ellensburg, WA USA
mussels

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:27 pm    
Post subject:

i'd email you, but theres no email links here so i dont know what your email is :P
smyers1972

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:41 pm    
Post subject: Yea I dont see an email link either :)

In response to the convincing part ;)
Im a linux geek too love, live, eat, and breath linux... With this one it seems easier to configure...

One thing about the program I have noticed maybe its just me... *shrugs*
I dont see a lot of documentation on the features of the product, good examples of what I can do and how...

Reason I am looking into it like that is this...

My scenario is to set up the product within our convention space. Currently I dont have the credit cards set up, just manually create user names and passwords and set expirey dates and times to them, I am seeking to limit the number of people to 5 devices per account.

I have it set up I THINK correctly with exception to the concurrent log in's. I understand the trial version is crippled, not exactly sure whats crippled in it. At the moment I am entering the MAC address to bypass the program for our live environment and just using my laptop to test the rest of it.

All encryption is off and the like... If this pans out I am thinking about setting up a hotspot elsewhere with it as well.

Any comments? Also send me an email for more questions and to exchange contact info... smyers@tuscanylasvegas.com

Thanks!
smyers1972

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:41 pm    
Post subject: oh ya one more thing...

The name of my server youll love it.. I call it "GRAVYTRAIN"

nice :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: