SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

I have a question before I purchase Firstpot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:06 pm    
Post subject: I have a question before I purchase Firstpot

I am intrested in Firstspot for a project I am working on for my company. Currently we have a policy in place that does not allow outside vendors to bring in their laptops and wireless devices and connect to our corporate LAN to access the internet for their business puroses and any presentations that require internet access.

My solution is to build a hotspot that allows outside vendors to access the internet both over seperate LAN as well as WLAN. What I do not have is a way to track the user that use this system. Since there is WIFI points on this network I need to know when and who uses this network for auditing purposes.

I think Firstspot will provide what I need. I have a trial version running. Its easy to manage and I like its ability to allow a user to register, get instant access to internet resources, and should grow as we develop our hotspot. What I want to do is in the request a login phase is have the user provide more than login name and password. I would like to see the system ask for Company Name, address, and contact phone number as well as who they are visiting at our office. Are there already fields in the SQL database for this type of information?

The SQL system installed on our system is MSSQL 2005 Express
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:35 am    
Post subject:

You can take advantage of our "Extra Information Fields" feature. You can configure it in the UI Customization category within Configuration Manager.

Refer to firstspot_guide.pdf for more information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: