SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Auto-reload module (non-credit card)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:09 pm    
Post subject: Auto-reload module (non-credit card)

Hello everybody!

I think it will be a great advantage if firstspot can support auto-reload system for prepaid users. Yes, it does support but via paypal/worldpay payment gateway which need user to have a credit card. In my case, almost all users are students..who don't have credit card (I'm providing WISP for a university campus).

For time being, the users have to buy a reload coupon which contains a serial no. and codes (for varification purpose). Then they call our service centre to verify the coupon. Within less than an hour, the airtime will be credited into their account manually by adding the airtime in the FS configuration manager.. It sounds quite messy, right? But for me it still ok as long as it brings revenue to our company.

Anyway, does anybody has better suggestion? I'd like to share.. I'm thinking of creating separate auto reload module and integrate with FS... don't know it will work or not.. ;)

TQ.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:07 am    
Post subject:

I am not exactly sure what you mean by auto-reload. Can you elaborate?

Currently, you can write some SQL script to automate the process. For definition of user table fsusr, please check out Chapter 5 of firstspot_guide.pdf for details.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:42 am    
Post subject: elaborating...

what I mean is, after a user has paid for a reload coupon which contains serial no or reload codes, he then can access to a "airtime reload page" (so-called by me..) and enter all necessary particulars (eg. the codes, serial no. etc). After some automatic verification process, his airtime will be credited accordingly, depending on the coupon type, say $10, $20, $50 etc.

This similar thing is actually being done for prepaid mobile phone users. They can always add/reload their airtime just by sending SMS..

hope you get my point...

I know that we can make some SQL scripts using all info in Chapter 5. I've read it... the only problem that I'm lack of programming knowledge..hua..hua...hua. I'm thinking of hiring a programmer soon.

TQ for replying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: