SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

access granted WITHOUT LOGIN REQUESTED FROM FIRSTPOT PORTAL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jumpin

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:09 pm    
Post subject: access granted WITHOUT LOGIN REQUESTED FROM FIRSTPOT PORTAL

Hi,

I now have been operating the firstspot software for 3 weeks and I have observed the following discrepency of people connected FREELY without seeing the FIRSTSPOT portal when people are connected to a signal repeater made of a DLINK DWL-G710. And of course the MAC address of the G710 is not declared in the pass through address in Session Handling.

That looks like a bug, isn't it?

I look forward to your reply.

Regards
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:06 pm    
Post subject:

Most likely there is a router (maybe your DLINK DWL-G710) between FirstSpot and client PC. Please double-check your network. You might need to use sniffer like Ethereal to pin down the problem.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:52 pm    
Post subject:

Change the Line from WAM to #1.
jumpin

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 7:40 am    
Post subject: Session Handling using IP or MAC

Hi,

I solved the problem by setting the session handling using IP instead of the MAC address otherwise Firstspot does not register the client MAC but the repeater module MAC address and then all additional users connecting to the repeater module have free access. Using IP session handling solves this issue.

But then another free access issue appeared to me. Firstspot enables incoming POP mail to be delivered without logging in. The POP port does not seem to be filtered by the authentification system of Firstspot. Where can I set this up?

Thanks
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 7:50 am    
Post subject:

As your repeater hide the MAC of the client, it definitely as a router (level 3) instead of a bridge (level 2).

Regading the POP issue, note that google.com and search.msn.com are in the default Exeception Free Web sites. So you might want to use different POP3 email to test.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: