SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Bulk Accounts Creation Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeremybolduc

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:07 am    
Post subject: Bulk Accounts Creation Help

Hi I've read the FirstSpot Guide and I need to add 219 users into the db. The guide says about knocking up a SQl script. And then using the pw encrypt.exe utility. Could you shine alittle more light on that for me? We're going go live with this (what seems and excellent hotspot solution) on Friday and I need some help. Thanks in advance
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:22 am    
Post subject:

Basically, the process is just inserting rows to table fsusr (using SQL). The exact field definition is in chapter 5 of firstspot_guide.pdf. Note that for the user attributes that you are indifferent to, you can leave it at NULL as FirstSpot's default behavior will most likely be sensible.

The password field (field name - pwd) is a bit special. You need to encrypt the password first using command line tool encrypt_pwd.exe before inserting to the table. Try to run encrypt_pwd.exe in command line and you will understand what I mean. The key is that the pwd field must contain encrypted password (instead of clear password). You can use batch file automate the process.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: