SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Idle timeout issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwto

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:10 am    
Post subject: Idle timeout issues

I've been evaluating your product for almost 2 months now and I have this outstanding issue with your "idle timeout" feature.

1. Even when I set it to a value of 1 hour, 1 day, 1 year (expressed in minutes), it automatically kicks in at 5 minutes. The setting I make is not followed. This is most specially true when I restart the firstspot service rather than restarting the whole PC.

2. It seems that ONLY web traffic is used as a "keep alive" by firstspot. Even when there are active chats like Yahoo Messenger or Skype, the idle timeout still kicks in.

I really need help with this to finish my evaluation. Thanks!
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:42 am    
Post subject:

1) After you change the idle timeout value, you need to restart FirstSpot.

2) Also, there is a 15 minutes per-session limit in the trial version. See http://www.patronsoft.com/firstspot/editions.html for details.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:58 am    
Post subject:

Thanks for the quick response.

1. I already tried to restart the service as well as restarting the PC. It still kicked in at 5 minutes no matter what the setting.

2. You are absolutely correct on this one. I didn't see that fact in the comparison. Sorry.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:30 am    
Post subject:

Since the trial version has a 15 minutes limit, the user will be disconected in around 15 minutes no matter what your idle timeout setting is. Are you sure the client is not disconnected by the 15 minutes trial limit instead?

If you still have difficulties, please post your log file firstspot_gw_srv_[timestamp].log at FirstSpot directory for further analysis.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:13 am    
Post subject: Idle Timeout

Yes Alan. I'm 100% sure that it's not the 15 minute limit that I'm hitting. It's 5 minutes. Maybe your trial version has a 5 minute session limit rather than a 15 minutes.

I emailed the logfile to firstspot@patronsoft.com for your analysis.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:32 am    
Post subject:

Your log looks quite strange.

Your system time is reset periodically. For example, line 16458 of your log. Can you double-check your system time?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: