SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Installing WiFi Network in an Apartment Complex...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rolandws

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:18 pm    
Post subject: Installing WiFi Network in an Apartment Complex...

I am architecting a WiFi network for an apartment complex comprised of approx. 350 rental apartments scattered across 15 buildings. I would like to sell online access to the residents on a monthly per-account basis (as opposed to a free, or per-apartment basis). It will be modestly-priced, say $10/month, but given the abundance of roommate situations and turnover, I want each user to have their own accounts that I can easily (web based) activate, deactivate, and monitor for usage levels.

In other words, each subscriber should have a UserID and password that cannot be shared - if User #1 is already logged in with that UserID and User #2 logs in using User #1's credentials, it should terminate User #1's session and bump him offline. That should serve as a deterrent to keep people from sharing passwords.

Will your software support this approach?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:30 am    
Post subject:

Yes, each FirstSpot username/password will only allow for 1 concurrent login. FirstSpot will disconnect the orgininal login if there is a 2nd attempt to login using the same username/password (exactly like what you described).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: