SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Error Message: Pub and Priv network segments are overlapped

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
afifense

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:43 pm    
Post subject: Error Message: Pub and Priv network segments are overlapped

I'm a teacher in a professional school.
My school bought the standard edition of FirstSpot, it's been working with the v4.0.1.

I've had some problems with the server and had to install it all over again.

The private network is:

IP: 10.20.7.1
Mask: 255.255.255.0

And the public network is:

IP: 10.0.0.1
Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 10.0.0.2 (internet router IP)
DNS1: 212.13.32.244
DNS2: 212.13.34.246

With the Trial Edition it works but when I try to license it and turn it to the standard edition this error message apears: The Private Network Interface and Public Network Interface network segments are overlapped (therefore FirstSpot's routing won't work). Please change the IP address.

I've been trying everthing... since installing it all over again to copying the old config.ini and the license over the trial version... but the same thing happens over and over again. I've even tried to change the IP settings but nothing seems to work.

Please... can anyone reply? The school has been without internet for 2 days. Thanks.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:02 am    
Post subject:

1) First, you should just replace the config.ini. You should use the utility fsset.exe instead. See Chapter 5 of firstspot_guide.pdf for details on upgrade/migration.

2) For the "overlapped" problem, please check out http://www.patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=625
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: