SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

About Restricted_redirect = 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danielillu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:56 pm    
Post subject: About Restricted_redirect = 1

On last (forced) restart of FirstSpot v406 I setted up Restricted_redirect = 1 on config.ini, but I haven't noticed any improvement on my network.

Using ethereal I still see lots of tries from patronsoft sending auth webpage to my customers' "autopiloted" computers (p2p anoying software) from firstspot port to client strange port (4662, 20048,....).

I expected from restricted_redirect to avoid these behaviour and simple ignoring those non-web petitions, because I get my CPU clugged when I have to force disconnection of an autopiloted client.

I inserted restricted_redirect = 1 at the end of the [gateway] section, before [allowed hosts].

Is there a problem with the option, with firstspot version or maybe with the section where I inserted it?

Thank you for your help and attention.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:04 am    
Post subject:

1) First, you need to make sure restricted_redirect is configured correctly. After you start FirstSpot, if everything is configured correctly, you should see the text "Restricted Redirect ON" in the log file firstspot_gw_srv_[timestamp].log under FirstSpot\log directory.

2) Note that the load of dispatcherservice.exe and Apache service should decrease if this option is setup correctly.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:43 pm    
Post subject:

Thank you alan. Restricted Redirect is correctly running and working.

I have more things clugging my CPU. I'm gathering some performance logs and doing some testings to ask about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: