SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

banner advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richardj

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:54 am    
Post subject: banner advertising

Hi,

Firstly I'm surprised that a commercial software vendor like yourself doesnt have a direct contact email address but users need to register in a forum to ask a sales question. My question is: Does your software support an advertising feature? We want to provide free internet access and pay for it by placing banners from our advertisers on the login screen and maybe some other screens while the users browse.

regards,

Richard
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:02 am    
Post subject:

Note that our maintenance customer will have direct email address for support. See http://www.patronsoft.com/firstspot/buy_now.html for details.

It is actually quite easy to change the login pages as they are all HTML/PHP and we provide a guideline for you to customize the files (see chapter 5 of firstspot_guide.pdf). Also, you can put the advertisement in the InfoBox popup.

There is no advertisement module within FirstSpot. Part of the difficulty is that it is a bit difficult to define a set of general features to satisfy most of the customers. Do you have any suggestions on this? Can you tell us more about your requirements?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:16 am    
Post subject:

Please share more about placing ads in the infobox!!!

I managed to put the tech support number in there by deleting a line and retyping the information needed. But I am curious about editing the infobox more. I am also curious about the log in page as well. I am not a web designer by any means but do know how to use the basics of MS FrontPage. One thing I would like to know is... in the script, what exactly is the log in scripts (username, password, create an account, submit) so if I do try to "revamp" the page, I have the most important parts intact.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:14 am    
Post subject:

Well, we do not use Frontpage to construct the php files, so you do need some basic PHP/HTML knowledge in order to edit the files directly instead.

Again, chapter 5 of firstspot_guide.pdf should provide a reasonable guideline on how to change the login pages.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: