SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Daily Air Credit, Low Air Warning, Max Concurrent/Free Sites

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TRACSYSTEMS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:17 am    
Post subject: Daily Air Credit, Low Air Warning, Max Concurrent/Free Sites

I have a few questions. I have currently installed the trial version here at my office. My enviroment is a public library whose primary interests are giving FREE access to all library cardholders (bringing in their own computers) and making sure bandwidth is not eaten up.

1)
Is there an easy way to automatically reset any/all users airtime to predetermined (yet easily modified) amount at midnight each night? Or is there an easier way to "give" all users 60, 90, or 120 minutes to use each day?

2)
Is there any warning indicator or alert to a user that their airtime is running low? This is a concern because the library patrons will most likely not be allowed to log back on until the following day.

3)
If the max concurrent users is set to 10 for example, are users browsing the free/exempt sites counted towards that total or is that explicitly for 10 concurrent LOGGED IN patrons?

4)
What is the easiest way to authenticate to an existing database of customers/patrons? I have looked at section 8 in the FirstSpot guide, but am not sure if it will be able to be abel to look at my existing database (vs having two databses and having to make changes to everything twice if a change needs to be made).

5)
When is version 5 expected to be released? What costs should be expected if upgrading to version 5 from version 4?

Thanks for your help and responses.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:33 am    
Post subject:

1) You can write SQL which set the timeleft field, and run that SQL script at midnight every day.

2) Not in the current v4 (though we will plan to include it in v5)

3) Which FirstSpot parameter are you talking about? You shouldn't be able to set maximum concurrent users.

4) Well, we provide tool like encrypt_pwd.exe that enables you to create FirstSpot username in the database level. Refer to chapter 5 of firstspot_guide.pdf for table (fsusr) definition. But if you want to keep your existing database, yes you need to somehow use SQL to sync them.

5) We don't have firm schedule yet. Note that customer with valid maintanance contract is entitled to all major upgrade. See http://www.patronsoft.com/firstspot/buy_now.html for details.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: