SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

VOIP - What If

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:29 am    
Post subject: VOIP - What If

I am looking at setting up a system that is primarily for voip. I need each device to log in on a call by call restricted time.

1. Will FirstSpot support this, and

2. Assuming that it will be supported, can I (without the use of a computer) provide some means of activating the connection for that specified time period from the phone station (even if some separate hardware like a number pad is required)?
rmaynes

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:30 am    
Post subject: The preceeding messager

Was from me, but it didn't register my user name. In fact, when I tried to give it my username, it clamed that it was already in use.
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:17 am    
Post subject:

So your phone is fixed and you know the MAC in advance? In that case, you can take advantage of our "Passive Login" feature. Refer to our manual firstpsot_guide.pdf for details. Note that "Passive Login" does not need a browser to login.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:27 am    
Post subject:

From what I have read, I was not sure if I can control the connect time to the minute with that feature. I am also not sure how I can allow the time purchase at the phone for time. These were my major concerns.

Also, because of the limits to connection speed that are imposed in the environment, and the need for a larger number of voip connections, is there a way I can control multiple internet connections with a single FirstSpot installation? I am looking at from four to eight connections to the outside world.
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:35 am    
Post subject:

"Passive Login" will have all the tracking model of a normal FirstSpot username/password, except that the client device does not need to login via the web browser. FirstSpot will try to login that particular MAC when the client first initiates traffic to the Internet.

We are several tracking models including access minutes (start to count when user login), day-pass (account only valid for a specific period regardless whether the client log in or not), etc...

I suggest you test drive our product to get an idea of what our tracking model looks like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: