SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

minutes instead of bandwidth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gpede

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:53 am    
Post subject: minutes instead of bandwidth

How do I choose to increase minutes with the Paypal option instead of adding bandwidth quota? Where is the option to use $3.00 for 15 minutes, $5.00 for 30 and $10 per hour?

G
dominic
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:13 am    
Post subject:

You need to modify settings in the section "Conditions to suspend this account" in both Plans and Users tabs in Configuration Manager.

These are the general steps:
1) Initialize the suspend condition of the user (e.g. check "When airtime credit is used up" and set "Current time left" to 0).
2) Generate a new plan (e.g. Plan ABC), check also "When airtime credit is used up" and set a targeted value in "Initial time assigned" (e.g. 15).
3) Choose "Paypal" in Credit Cards tab and input the settings.
4) Add a new entry in Shopping Cart tab with correct price and plan (e.g. 3 for "Unit price" and choose "Plan ABC" in "Based on plan").

You may refer Chapter 3 in firstspot_guide.pdf for more information.
gpede

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:07 am    
Post subject: getting closer

Alan:

Ok, this works fine with paypal...it gives me 15 minutes of airtime for $3 but it also gives me the first 15 minutes free for a new user when they sign up but don't pay with paypal.

If I change the setting to 5 minutes then they get 5 minutes for free then an additional 5 minutes for $3 when they use Paypal.

What I'm need is for the user to sign up (not sign in, as they are unknown users trying to create an account) and be directed right to the paypal page, pay their $3 for 15 minutes and get no initial minutes (if this is possible).

I hope I explained this right....thanks in advance for your help.

G
gpede

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:28 am    
Post subject: domnic, not alan

Sorry, I meant Dominic, not Alan for this reply.

I also can't find the option of paying more to get more..... I could create a3Shopping Cart entries of $3.00 for 15 minutes, $6 for 30 minutes and $12 for 60 minutes but how do the minutes increase based on the dollar value?

If I clicked on "$6.00 for 30 minutes" I'm pretty sure it will charge my Visa/MC $6.00 but only give me 15 minutes since that is my initial value....

G
gpede

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:53 am    
Post subject: almost got it now

It took a minute to sink in...

I create a new PLAN (plan ABC) and set it for 15 minutes
Then I create another PLAN (plan ABCD) and set it for 30 minutes
The create one more PLAN (Plan ABCDE) and set if for 60 minutes.

Then I create a new shopping cart option....
First one reads: "15 minutes for $3.00" and set it for 3.00

Create another option for 30 minutes and set it for 5.00
Create the third option for 60 minutes and set it for 10.00

If this was for users that I created it would be fine but this is for Paypal users who don't have an account and want to sign UP.

The problem is that the Plan still gives the "initial time assigned" for free...once that is used up, then they can use the paypal to increase their times. If they chose Option 3 above they would get the first hour for free, then once their minutes ran out they could sign up again and get another hour for free.

I hope you can help me get this sorted out....I'm willing to call and speak to a representative if this helps.

G.
dominic
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:15 am    
Post subject:

> If I change the setting to 5 minutes then they get 5 minutes for free then an additional 5 minutes for $3 when they use Paypal.
Which settings in Configuration Manager did you change?

By default, if an anonymous user signs-up and creates a new account, the account should have no any initial minutes. "Current time left" should show 0 mins in Configuration Manager and the user should be redirected to the Shopping Cart page at the first login. Please verify if this applies in your test.
dominic
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:56 am    
Post subject:

One more thing, please check the following attributes in Authentication Server tab.
1) Initial air time for self sign-up users: Default value is 0, meaning no initial minutes when the account is created.
2) Self sign-up plan: "No plan is selected" is the default option. If you need to choose any plan here, make sure "Initial airtime assigned" of the plan content is 0 mins.
gpede

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:17 pm    
Post subject: re-install

Since last time I posted I re-installed the software and the defaults seemed to make everything work as you described....maybe something was set wrong in the settings but it doesn't matter now....I'm a happy camper.

Thanks for spending the time to help with this.

G.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: