SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Authentication

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbartol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:22 pm    
Post subject: Authentication

How do I get new users that have just singed in and paid to get access to the internet automatically. I have the plans configured to Account active on users first login, and conditions to supspend this account is set to never, but when a new account is created they are unable to reach the internet unless i go into users find there login name and manually set there account in conditions to suspend to never. In the plan its set to never but in users it will be configured as when airtime credit is used up.
dominic
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:16 am    
Post subject:

Please check the following attributes in Authentication Server tab if you're mentioning self sign-up users.
1) Initial air time for self sign-up users: Leave it blank so that no airtime credit restriction will be applied to new user accounts.
2) Self sign-up plan: "No plan is selected" is the default option. Select the plan here if you want to apply any plan settings to the new accounts. Notice that the above attribute will be ignored when any plan is selected here.
MessWeb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:02 pm    
Post subject:

Hi,
When you say 'no plan is selected', do you have to put one in there? All of my users are self sign up, as it is in a residential block, but there are three different plans they can use. Will they still be able to choose from all three in the shopping cart if I leave theat blank?

Also, why would you want new self sign up users to have free access forever?
dominic
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:15 am    
Post subject:

For your situation, I guess you don't want the new self sign-up users to have any initial Internet access credits and would like to redirect them to Shopping Cart right after the first login. If so, the "three different plans" should be put in Shopping Cart only. Then, you have to set a separate new plan for initialization of the new user accounts and choose that account in "Self sign-up plan" under Authentication Server tab.

The purpose of the new plan is to "set zero" to the attributes set in your "three different plans". E.g., if you've set 100 minutes for the airtime credit attribute in one of your "three different plans", you have to set 0 minutes in the corresponding attribute in the new plan. As a result, all the new self sign-up users won't have any airtime credits for Internet until they purchase any items in Shopping Cart to increase the credits in their accounts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: