SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Login types per segment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrkov

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:54 pm    
Post subject: Login types per segment

Hi,

We are testing out Firstspot as our solution for hotspots. We plan on having a central server with multiple network segments.

First question. Is there a limit on the number of network segments?

Second question. Can I have some segments require Username and Password and other segments to use anonymous or shared? We plan on having a couple spots be free so this is very important.

Everything else looks good so far. The second question is the only one I have not been able to work yet.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks

Chris
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:37 am    
Post subject:

1) There is no hard limit in the number of network segments

2) No, you can only either select username/password or anonymous option. Since we allow you to have one login page per segment, one workaround is to customize the "Redirect PHP file" for some network segments. Refer to "Redirect PHP file" in firstspot_guide.pdf for details.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:26 pm    
Post subject:

I think this would be a great feature to add to the software to be able to do this.

ok. Now, I have read the section on the login_form.php and I am still not sure how I can get around requiring a Username/Password. The system still requires it. Correct? And since the system will only allow on Username active at a time, I cant hardcode a U & P into the code to bypass it.

So how would I go about in a Username and Password scenario to allow one segment to have free access?
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:18 am    
Post subject:

You can try the approach in http://patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=586
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: