SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Cannot see webportal page

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bruc2082

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:45 pm    
Post subject: Cannot see webportal page

I am with an IT Data and Telephony company and we are testing your FirstSpot v5 for possible purchase and deployment at a customer’s site. In installing and testing your software I have sort of hit a road block. I have a PC with 2 NIC’s – 1 for private and one for public. I have the public card set with a 192.168.8.30 address which is going out to internet, and the private card is set with a 192.168.95.1 address. The private card is patched into a little 5 port “dumb” Linksys switch and I have a laptop patched into the “dumb” Linksys switch. The laptop receives a DHCP address from the firstspot server fine, yet the problem and the reason I am writing is when I go to open a browser on the laptop I do not get “captured” and sent to your Webportal page, it just sits there spinning its wheels. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and end up with the same issue. As for the the readme.rtf, I have been over that and implemented all the suggestions it makes, including shutting off IIS, setting up the offloading. I am not running FirstSpot on a Server, it’s just XP Pro SP2. I can ping the private NIC IP on the FirstSpot machine, but cannot ping the public NIC IP or anything on the internet, yet like I said, I pull a DHCP address from FirstSpot just fine, and I do not get "captured" to the webportal login. Please help, I want this to work!!
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:37 am    
Post subject:

Can the client access Exception Free Websites like patronsoft.com ( again, see http://patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1086 )?

If yes, then most likely you have an Offloading problem.

If no, check the DNS by issuing "nslookup patronsoft.com" from the client PC and FirstSpot machine. Note that FirstSpot will use the first DNS specified in the Public Network Interface (i.e. Internet side) as the "source" for its DNS server, so you need to make sure it is okay. See http://www.patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7196#7196 for a discussion on this issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: