SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Extra information in self sign-up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
olla

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:01 pm    
Post subject: Extra information in self sign-up

As I use self sig-up, I would request user to fill in extra information form, at the first login, as their first name, surname and some other information.
I have checked "Request user to fill in extra information form at the first login", but durin sign-up I receive a form with only username and password.
How can I resolve?
Thanks in advance
Antonello
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:05 am    
Post subject:

The user attribute "Request user to fill in extra information form at the first login" is not for self sign-up. This attribute is for administrator-created username instead.

To enable Extra Information Fields for self sign-up users, go to Configuration Manager -> UI Customization -> click Show/Hide default language content-> click EXTRA INFORMATION FIELDS (FOR FIRST LOGIN / SELF SIGN UP) -> add your required fields there.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:50 am    
Post subject:

Ok. Now the problem is that, and as I use english and italian language, the extra fields are unique, and cannot be proposed in the two languages.
Using "Request user to fill in extra information form at the first login", which extra informations are requested?
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:12 am    
Post subject:

Maybe you can set one question in English and with another in Italian.

Again, "Request user to fill in extra information form at the first login" is for administrator-created account instead of self sign-up. You don't need to set that user attribute at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: