SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

User gaming console problem....please help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris886

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:20 pm    
Post subject: User gaming console problem....please help

Hi,
My landlord has your software system setup in the apartment building I live in, giving his tennants free wireless internet access. I have a playstation 3 and would like to use it online, but keep getting a "DNS error" when trying to setup. After searching all over the internet and eventually finding your website and this forum, it seems to me like I need to have a passive login with my MAC address so that my console will work. My question to you is how do I, as just an end user, go about getting this passive login or whatever it is I need to allow my PS3 through to the internet. My landlord lives hours away and doesn't seem very tech savy so is there someone I could contact or something I can do to get this done on my own. I apologize for this probably not being the correct place to post this but I've run out of ideas, any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot.
smrshl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:51 pm    
Post subject:

You will have to contact your landlord and tell him that you need a passive login. He could also set you up in the client white-list and it will allow it to pass. Either way, the System Administrator is responsible for making the changes.
chris886

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:23 pm    
Post subject:

thats what I was afraid of, thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: