SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Tracking of access to free sites

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thomasb111

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:40 am    
Post subject: Tracking of access to free sites

Hello,

I've got a question about tracking access to exceptionfree websites.

I've configured FirstSpot to track URL's with a 30 minute tracking interval. This works great for authenticated access, all activity for authenticated users is logged as it should be.
If I set up a client to be allowed passthrough everything this client does is also logged in the table fsurl. However if I access one of our free sites from a client that is not in the list of passthrough clients and not authenticated there is nothing logged in the tabel fsurl.

Is this by design or have I missed something ?

Best regards

Kerfi AB / Thomas Bjorklund

PS We're running version 5.1.4 of FirstSpot
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:27 am    
Post subject:

Can you be more specific? FirstSpot is designed so that it only tracks URL if a user is logged in. In other words, client pass-through won't work. Also, Exception Free Websites shouldn't affect URL Tracking.

So to summarize, in order for URL Tracking to work, you need to use Anonymous Mode, normal username/password, Use MAC/IP as username, Passive Login, or Scratch card (new in the upcoming v6).

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:08 pm    
Post subject:

Hi,

To be more specific and to the point we would like to know how many people access the exception free sites when not logged in.

The reason for this is that we have our web-portal as a free site so that visitors from other offices can log in to among other systems their mail without having to find a network outlet or get a login code from the reception.

Best regards
Kerfi AB / Thomas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: