SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Program Additions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:59 pm    
Post subject: Program Additions

Hello Everyone!

While I am happily having users online at my hotspot, there are a couple of things that I **wish** this program was capable of managing. Although I understand the amount of time used in developing FirstSpot and the harsh reality that changing things is not as easy as it is to list them like below, I figure as a developer myself, I always appreciate some constructive criticism on what could make my program better.

I think that you might be suprised about the feedback you could get on these suggestions in the event that they were added:

1) Create a more sophisticated user registration/login (if admin desires such info). Fields that could be made might include name, address, city, state, zip, phone, e-mail.
1.1 Admins could open a page where this info is displayed in the event that they wanted to advertise their services for future events/needs.
1.2 Admins could send bulk e-mails to users notifying them of discouts/offers, etc. (see below)

2) Fix current user registration on setup page so that the passwords are correctly loaded in a password field. Eg: the password 'dog' would show as '***' so that other users would not see password. (This is the first program I have ever seen that lets users see the password they type in; somewhat unsafe).

3) Add discount/promotional code section.
3.1 Admins could setup codes that are valid for certain events and discount prices or provide extra service if certain codes are entered.
3.2 Have an alternate shopping cart available. Some permanant users should receive discounts or be billed on a separate billing system. A simple checkbox might put them in a different user category that allows a pay-as-you-go system or a "your time will be billed to your account on {date}".

4) New timing features! (**most needed**)
4.1 As seen with Wayport and T-Mobile, an hour of time does not necessarily entitle an hour of time. If we want to setup day passes in our shopping cart, you should be able to "start a clock" for particular users to either allow for a real 24 hours of minutes, eg: "whenever minutes" or "forced minutes" that give the user 24 hours of access regardless of whether they use them or not.

Thanks for your considerations!
..and sorry if some of these features are already available!

Regards,
Evin
www.zxcdesigns.com
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:26 am    
Post subject:

Hello Evin,

Thanks very much for your suggestion. For points 1, 2 & 4, they should be in version 3.

For point 3, we will put that into the feature wish list.

Thanks again for your support.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: