SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Portal redirect

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sconn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:50 pm    
Post subject: Portal redirect

I would like to post a config.ini for help to resolve an issue with firstspot.

We need some support to fix an issue that we are having difficulties resolving on our own. We do have a maint. contract with you.

The problem we are experiencing is that we are not able to get the portal to redirect ip's from one subnet but are able to from the main subnet that the portal server sits on.

client---->dhcp/dns/radius(server)----->firstspot(server)(redirect page)
192.1.1.x 192.1.1.x 192.1.1.x(private) 192.1.x.x(pub)
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:54 am    
Post subject:

Most likely you didn't configure the Multiple Network Segments setting correctly. Refer to chapter 4 -> Scenario 3 of firstspot_guide.pdf for an example.
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:22 am    
Post subject:

What is the FirstSpot version are you currently using?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:36 pm    
Post subject:

We are runnung ver 5.1.5 . I think we have set up the multiple network segments right. We are running RAS on the portal server to route the inside private net to the outside public net but before you can get outside we have them log in to the portal which gets the login information from the Cisco RADIUS server. The segment that works is the one that doesnt go through the switch to our other location that has a piece of that segment ( 192.1.1.x / 255.255.55.192 ) which makes us four (4) subnets 2 of them are at the the location that works and the other two (2) subnets are at two other location that do not go through a WAN. But the two that dont work are go from Layer 2 to layer 3 then back to Layer 2 when it arrives at the non local locations (but it all routes fine). When at the non local location and we try to go online with wireless we see the gateway, which is the portal server, and it gets an IP from DHCP and DNS works correctly. But no redirect to the portal, the computer just surfs the web with no login. Let me know what else I need to do to help you better understand our dilema. Thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: