SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Universal clients support - Android, iPhone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sully

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:17 am    
Post subject: Universal clients support - Android, iPhone

I am testing the trial and am liking it.

The following is listed under Firstspot V6 Features:

Quote:
Universal clients support - Windows 2000/XP/Vista (IE and Firefox), iPhone, Windows Mobile, Google Android, MAC, and device without browser (via Passive Login) (new!)

When I login with my Droid and iTouch devices, I get the same screen as I would when logging in with a laptop. I would think this feature would detect the type of browser and/or device and feed it a page formatted for the device. Am I over looking a setting in the Config Manager?

Also, after logging in the FirstSpot InfoBox is taking up the browser. I guess this is happening because popups are displayed in full screen on these devices.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again,

Sully
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:28 am    
Post subject:

The newer smartphone actually behaves much like desktop PC, so we starting to make both smartphone and PC to share the same login page and InfoBox behavior.

Back to your case, the InfoBox should actually open in another tab instead. Can you double-check?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:49 am    
Post subject:

Quote:
the InfoBox should actually open in another tab instead

I added two more devices... and have tested the iPad, iTouch, Droid and Droid X. I did not see a tab and again, the page I was left on to begin surfing was the InfoBox page (full screen).

Maybe the InfoBox should be disabled in my case.

Sully
Sully

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:02 am    
Post subject:

I disabled the InfoBox in UI Customization and it solved the issue. After login, it redirects me to the website I was surfing for.

I don't know enough about FirstSpot (yet) to know if disabling InfoBox will have adverse effects on my PC users.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:32 pm    
Post subject:

It is fine for PC users as InfoBox is not a must.

BTW, did you change the setting UI Customization -> Redirect option? This might cause you problem.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:01 am    
Post subject:

Quote:
BTW, did you change the setting UI Customization -> Redirect option? This might cause you problem.

Yes, I set the Redirect Option and restarted FirstSpot... the results were the same. I will have to disable the InfoBox so these users can be supported.

Thanks.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:57 am    
Post subject:

This is not normal. Can you post your config.ini file here?

BTW, you can play around with our uaToken.csv file under FirstSpot directory. The idea is that if the client browser user agent matches string of the "m" type entries within uaToken.csv, the InfoBox shouldn't be opened at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: