SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Software questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
openairllc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:47 pm    
Post subject: Software questions

I am currently looking for robust and functional captive portal software I plan on deploying in a variety of different environments. I have used several before but after reading through your specs it looks like this has everything I need. I had a couple questions regarding the software:

1. How many concurrent users does the Advanced edition support?
2. can the users be added in different groups and then deleted per a grouping? One of my biggest issues last time was the ability to manipulate my database of users.

I appreciate all the help. I'm looking at getting several of these projects off the ground in the next 6 months which will require 3-4 head ends and several thousand users.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:28 am    
Post subject:

1) There is no hard limit on the concurrent users and it depends on your hardware. We have customers running FirstSpot with 700+ concurrent users, and obviously you need to powerful hardware for that (e.g. Quad-core Xeon)

2) We don't have the concept of user group. But since you can manipulate the user table using SQL directly (it is an ODBC table), you can simply provide prefix (or suffix) on the username so that it is easier to change/delete them afterwards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: