SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

External MySQL Database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gilbertv

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:51 pm    
Post subject: External MySQL Database

I finally setup an external database which contains all the necessary tables and fields as described in the firstspot_guide.pdf. The MySQL Database Connection/ODBC from the First Spot Server to the MySQL Database is successful.

I can access the First Sport Login Page and sign up as a new user. Used the PayPal option of course and paid for "air time". However I experienced some issues I hadn't experienced when the "local" database was used....

1. On the First Spot Server Administrator Control Panel: I attempted to add an ADMIN account with NO Time Limit. The Time Limit field was intentionally left blank to give this ADMIN account unlimited time.

After editing and saving the new settings (did it a couple of times), the First Spot Server kept inputting a "0" (zero) automatically. Thus, I could not give the admin account unlimited time.

Any ideas on this one?

2. I did add time to the Admin account (400 minutes for testing) and used the newly created account which I simulated as a new user via the login page, and paid through PayPal.

The PayPal transaction for the newly created account shows as "Completed".

However, after a few logins and logouts with both accounts (within 2 hours), I noticed that my session did not logout correctly, as I was still able to surf the net although I had typed "logout" in the URL....

After opening the browser, logging out again and closing it out, I still was able to freely surf. I rebooted the PC, and was initially able to surf again.

I then looked at the FS Admin CP, and noticed that the Admin account login dated back to December 31 1969 @ 1600 (pm) and showed over 18,000,000 minutes used. There were 3 entires like this, which should be correct because I tried logging out a few times.

Any ideas?
gilbertv

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:58 pm    
Post subject:

Almost forgot:

4. While setting up the PPAL Table/Fields I noticed that there were two fields:

invoice numeric(20) and order_date numeric(20)

that I had to setup as:

invoice decimal(20 and order_date decimal(20)

because "numeric" does not exist.

Is this an appropriate substitute?

GV
gilbertv

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:08 am    
Post subject:

Okay, I again attempted to create a user account via Config Managaer with unlimited time (left blank) and noticed that an error occured, but the error was hardly visisble, just a few milliseconds. I could not locate the error in the logs...

So, I attempted to creat the account several times and hit the "Print Screen" button on the keyboard and captured the error for this particular problem....

WARNING: SQL Error: [MySql][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-4.0.18-log]Column 'timeleft' cannot be null, SQL state S1000 in SQLExecDirect in
c:\program files\firstspot\cfgmgr\settingok.php on line 1248

GV
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:51 pm    
Post subject:

The timeleft field is set to NULL to represent unlimited and the problem could be due to the present of NOT NULL for the timeleft field during table creation?

For MySQL, it should support NUMERIC type accroding to this thread:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Numeric_types.html

And we've tested the crate table statements with MySQL without problems.

Can you try creating all the tables again by copy-and-pasting the statements from the PDF file. We have customers in the past typed them manually and gave strange problems due to typos.

Let us know how it goes; anyhow, we'll re-do the MySQL testing again on Monday, to double-confirm the create table statements are in-sync with the latest version.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:24 pm    
Post subject:

--->I changed the timeleft field from Not Null to NULL. This must be the default at creation. Likewise the rest of the fields in all the Tables seem to be set to NOT NULL as well.

Should I keep the rest of the fields as the default, NOT NULL?

Maybe the setup instructions need to address this issue.....?

---> I can use PHPMyAdmin or MySQLTool to setup MySQL and in the drop down lists there is no selection for NUMERIC. These are the only DATA types available that I can see using either tool:

TINYINT
SMALLINT
MEDIUMINT
INT
BIGINT
FLOAT
DOUBLE
DECIMAL
CHAR
VARCHAR
TINYBLOB
BLOB
MEDIUMBLOB
LONGBLOB
TINYTEXT
MEDIUMTEXT
TEXT
LONGTEXT
ENUM
SET
DATE
TIME
DATESTAMP
TIMESTAMP
YEAR

---> I'll try to redo the tables after I test the changes I made in regards to "Null" from "Not Null"
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:32 pm    
Post subject:

In phpMyAdmin, when you click on your database on the left frame, you will see, on the right frame, there are a few 'tabs' near the top, namely Structure, SQL, Export, Search and Query.

Click on the SQL tab/click, you can then create the tables using SQL statements right away. Copy-and-pasting the statements from the pdf file should work.

Better still, you can prepare a text file containing all statements and upload it and let phpMyAdmin do the job in one-go for you.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:02 pm    
Post subject:

Ok, I did that. Here are the changes I noticed right away by using the cut and past method...

---> From the PDF file I chose the "Text Select Tool", which is next to the "magnifying glass" on the top menu.....

1. NULL is set to YES on nearly all Fields in all Tables... (except where there is a field set as "primary key"...

2. Default is: NULL

3. PPAL Table ->

invoice decimal(20,0)

order_date decimal(20,0)

The differences were #1 and #2

Will play around with this to see if it works without any further problems....

Thanks.

GV
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: