SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Header / Footer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warpgate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:33 am    
Post subject: Header / Footer

Hi, I am just in the process of purchasing

But I just thought of a feature that is greatly missing <grin> and its a dead easy one......

A global header.html file and a global footer.html file

This could be used on every page (maybe except the login page which could be a custom page anyway..)

But a global header and footer would allow for the whole end user experience to be wrapped (skinned if you like) with the hotspot venders colour scheme and design, without getting the vender to alter every page by hand.. only the header and footer file needs playing with?

I think a simple ssi include would be suffice to achieve this..

Anyway just my 2 cents... but its a great system anyway..

Cheers
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:30 am    
Post subject:

Thanks so much for your input.

We're looking ways to improve the ease of adding customer's own design into the end-user interface. Your suggestion is definitely a good one and we'll relay the idea to our development team.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:42 am    
Post subject:

Thanks, I have made a start but am struggling on a few files... notable the error type messages...

All I have done is use

<? include "Custom_Header.php" ?>

and

<? include "Custom_Footer.php" ?>

They only contain HTML code and it seems to work okay, I still have things left to do, but it does allow for it to be easily "skinned"

Any ideas if your dev team migh release just the authserv files using this type of thing (as a downloadable update), to save me the work on the akward pages <grin>

There are a few alterations that have to be made just outside of the includes, where some of the tables have been set at certain widths, I have just altered these to a % rather than by pixels which has kept the templates in shape..

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: