SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

User and password ticket printer for Restaurant.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:48 am    
Post subject: User and password ticket printer for Restaurant.

HI,
I would like to implement this software solution to a food restaurant. What I have in mind is to setup a random username and password to print it in a ticket. Clients receive this ticket for a specified amount of usage time and later on the user cannot login with the same user and password. Any sugestions or ideas to implement this solution with a printer connected to patronsoft??

Thanks in advance,

-Miguel
miguel.rosa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:29 am    
Post subject: Ticket Printer Hardware

I found the bulk username and password generator to create the access accounts. What hardware printer equipment do you recommend to print the username and password tickets for the clients?
mymobile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:39 am    
Post subject:

Hi!
We developed a special application that could fetch data to SQL server for the username and password for printing to a receipt printer. However since the password is encrypted, we also edited the add bulkuser utility to put the exact password (not encrypted) to an additional field on the database. This way the program could fetch the username and the password and print it on the receipt printer.

Is there a tool to decrypt the password so that the program could read the password field without adding an additional field on the SQL server?

Thanks
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:38 am    
Post subject:

You cannot decrypt FirstSpot password if you use FirstSpot default encrypt_pwd.exe tool to encrypt the password.

However, you take advantage of the Password Offloading feature to change the password encryption algorithm of FirstSpot. In that case, you can use your own password encryption tool (which has the ability to decrypt the password).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:45 am    
Post subject: SQL Program

HI mymobile,
I would like to know more details about your program and if there is any posibility to test it. If there any other options to print usernames and paswords with patronsoft, please let me know at miguel_rosa@hotmail.com.

Thanks,

-Miguel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: