SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Collect name and Email for free access

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avx

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:25 pm    
Post subject: Collect name and Email for free access

The forms for creating an account work well but I don't want the user to have to go through paypal to for free access. Anonymous mode works but does not collect any data. I would like to be able to have users create a login and collect names and email addresses but be redirected right away after the Account Creation Successful page.

Also, this server will be used at an event that occurs once a year so after the event I would like to export the names and address to an excel databasae. I tried using the Export Users button but I didn't notice any new files.

Thanks,

Rob
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 3:22 am    
Post subject:

FirstSpot v3 Anonymous Mode does not work with "Extra Information Fields" (i.e. the form that collects user data).

If you want to have self sign-up users to be redirected to the login page instead of PayPal, you can customize the signup_form.php file directly. For example, change

<input type="hidden" name="success_url" value=cart.php>

to

<input type="hidden" name="success_url" value="http://www.yahoo.com">

will redirect the user to http://www.yahoo.com after user successfully self sign-up.

The Export Users button does not export the "Extra Information Fields". You have to browse the database table directly. For the exported file, it is called userdata.csv and it is located in the FirstSpot directory.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: