SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Windows Messenger, Why??????? problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inversionesudesa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:53 am    
Post subject: Windows Messenger, Why??????? problems

Because the Messenger Windows v.4.7 (4.7.2010) if it enters Internet when the user has not entered his password???.

Because the Firstspot does not block the port that the Messenger Windows uses?

This is a vulnerability of the FirstSpot system and I want that they give an answer me, because I buy a package that cost USS895 and I see that the system has errors.

Thanks

Sincelery

Ali Vivas
Representaciones Abanet, c.a.
CĂșa Venezuela
www.abanetca.net
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:25 am    
Post subject:

Do you mean MSN Messenger?

Please restart FirstSpot and try again to see if it can go out without authentication.

Other than bugs (we will test it again in our lab; although that is very unlikely), two of the many possibilties to explain your observation are:

1. a client machine does not need to login to use the Internet before idle timeout; even after the client got rebooted

2. if you are using multiple network segment and (mistakenly) use MAC-based authentication, once a single machine in a particulaly segment has logged-in; all other machine in the same segment will not be asked to authenticate anymore.

Please consider taking these steps to speed up your troubleshooting:
- report your case to our support team if you hold a valid maintenance contract with us
- or if you preferr getting help from this pre-sales forum instead, please register an account here (we give priority to registered user) and provide us more information about your topologies and setttings. Posting your config.ini file (under the FirstSpot directory) may also help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: