SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Firstspot and linksys wrt54g with Sveasoft installed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Digitalky

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:29 pm    
Post subject: Firstspot and linksys wrt54g with Sveasoft installed

i have a router set up as a hotspot now and we manually add mac addresses for control and decided to try firstspot , we are planning on deploying 5 of these hot spots ASAP

i have intermitten troubles browsing the internet ...... is this normal ?
we are using Vop Radius and Platypus billing, that part seems to work fine when the ap and firstspot are talking correctly. Plug into the firstspot box with my laptop and seems the redirects and login pages work fine, seems to be something when firstspot gives the router a ip and the private lan of the router give the laptop an ip ... routing issues i am sure but an not sure why...

does anybody have a detail setup guid for how to the settings in firstspot should be?

thank you in advance for any help
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:51 am    
Post subject:

Mostly like you have routing problem, please check:

1) http://www.patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2287#2287

2) make sure you turn on NAT. If you turn off NAT, you need to follow the instructions in firstspot_guide.pdf carefully regarding how to setup return route

3) if you still have problem, try to switch back to using ODBC Authentication Mode for the time being
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:12 am    
Post subject:

[reply by digitalky]

i found that the routing and remote access was set to manuel but started
i had to unistall and resinstall the software

before installing i set routing and remote access to automatic and started the service, installed the software and rebooted as required and everything seems to be working fine now

only think i have found is that when a user disconnects it is not sending that to the radius server to terminate the login session.

and if you close the logout page and close the browser since the radius server thinks you are still active you will not have to relogin when the browser opens next time thus allowing customers to use unrecorded air time. this needs to be addressed asap, also the nas ip address gets reversed when it is sent to the radius server.

also users do not show up on the status page if they are logged in using radius. using radius and platypus how do we config this to use our rates in the sql database?

Last edited by alan on Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:27 am    
Post subject:

1) Closing browser from the client PC does not automatically logout FirstSpot. So it is normal that the client can still surf the Internet if he opens the browser again. Some of the ways that you can logout from FirstSpot are:
- idle timeout
- the airtime credit is used up
- FirstSpot administrator explicity disconnect the user in Configuration Manager
- client use "Instant Keyword" logout

2) The NAS IP should be okay in Microsoft IAS and Funk RADIUS. Maybe it is because you are using vircom RADIUS? Please re-test it using IAS or Funk.

3) The FirstSpot Status page will not work if you are using RADIUS Authentication Mode. You should view the connection status in the RADIUS server directly instead.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:05 pm    
Post subject: more info

I reversed the nas ip address identifier in the management console and it seems to work fine displaying the correct ip address now in the radius user log. i have forwarded a question to Vircom in regards I am a beta tester for them.

also setting the idle time out to a much smaller number than 10 works to get customers that just close browser instead of logging out correctly.

now about the billing questions i have on how to integrate firstspot to work with our Platypus and our sql server so online signups are recorded in the sql database and credit cards are authorized using our authorize.net account in real time?

if i get this fixed and working i am ready to purchase today! thank you in advance.
270-230-1000 office
270-868-0373 nextel
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:02 am    
Post subject:

If you are using RADIUS, your credit card system needs to update your RADIUS server once your client makes the payment. Note that FirstSpot will get the updated information when the client login next time.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:59 pm    
Post subject: Platypus database

I guess I can contact tucows and see if they have an idea on how to integrate with your software.

I did notice that you require the purchase of the most expensive package in order to perform radius auth. I don't like this idea as some features I will not need or want.

I would like to purchase the standard package with radius auth available
Can you have someone contact me off list to discuss purchasing options and such customizations we might want to incorp.

Thank you in advance
270-230-1000 office
270-868-0373 nextel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: