SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Installation of firstspot bhind a NAT firewall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ashalhoub

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:20 am    
Post subject: Installation of firstspot bhind a NAT firewall

Dera Sir,
Kindly note that I am installing a first spot on a windows XP which has two network cards one has an IP 10.0.1.51 Natted to a private IP 213.175.173.79 through our firewall ( later I will use ISA as Fire wall). The other network card is connected to hub where the access points are installed. while installing the firstspot it gave IP address to this ethernet card as 10.20.7.1. I have one computer connected to an access point using the wifi and has an IP from the DHCP of the firstspot as 10.20.7.2.

Note that I am using the trial versionof your software.
The issue is that the computer connected to the wifi can only browse the bypassed wesites ( google.com or any sites added to the list). when trying to access any pther site there is the login page. after logging on you will see that this user is listed in the status of the server but the computer is sticked to the redirection page and never be able to browse the internet.

as a result our topology is as follows:

client--->access point-----> first spot server----->natted FW-----> internet.

as you can see the first spot server does not have a private Ip but an IP natted to public.

My questions are:
1-can this topology work
2- How can I install it behind ISA server for protection.
3- is it a must to have a private IP on the firstspot server. if yes how shall i protect this from internet (FW)
4- why the client can browse the URL listed as bypass and the pages under username and password can not.
5- Is there any way to call the support to discuss this issue. taking into consideration the time difference ( we are GMT +2)

your quick answer will be highly appreciated since we are proposing this solution to an hotel.

any help?
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:12 am    
Post subject:

Your topology should work.

Looks like you have database problem. Have you changed the default datasource?

Please post your:
1) config.ini file
2) ipconfig/all dump on the FirstSpot server
3) debug log firstspot_gw_srv_[timestamp].log under subdirectory FirstSpot\log.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: