SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Payment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keith

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:03 am    
Post subject: Payment

Hello,

Could someone please explain how the payment system works? I have got the Trial version of Firstspot running. The Payment gateway is PayPal.
I know that the user will set up the username and password for his/her account and then get redirected to PayPal to purchase Air Time.

How does Firstspot recognise that payment has been made? and hence allow the user to surf the internet. Also how does it make the link between the amount of Air Time versus the cost?

Cheers

Keith
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:36 pm    
Post subject:

Briefly,

1. define a usage plan (under the Plan tab)
2. create a shopping cart item linked to a plan (Shopping Cart tab)
3. specify the Internet ip address of your FirstSpot server where paypal will post back the transaction details (Credit Card tab)
4. FirstSpot server receives the details from PayPal and update the user's account for a successful transaction (users are required to create an account in FirstSpot beforehand of course)

You will have to configure your firewall or broadband router to allow the incoming traffic in point 3 and forward such incoming traffic to FirstSpot server. Usually that's called 'port forwarding'.

Last edited by kevin on Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:52 am; edited 2 times in total
keith

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:55 pm    
Post subject:

Is it fair to say that I need to specify a plan for the different variations of the shopping cart and link the two. So if i set the shopping cart to 3 options, i.e. 60mins for £1, 120min for £2, 180min for £3 of Air Time and named them Plan A, Plan B, Plan C simultaneously, I need to link the 3 options individually with the 3 plans? If yes, will firstspot then receive the transaction details and updated the user account appropriately? How does it recognise which user account to update?

Cheers

Keith
kevin
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:47 pm    
Post subject:

You're right.

FirstSpot will pass the user's account name to PayPal and the same information will be passed back from PayPal for FirstSpot to update the appropriate account.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: