SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Papal error displays our business username (email) to users

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazerctv

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:08 pm    
Post subject: Papal error displays our business username (email) to users

I have a test system set up and working, but I cannot get the Pay Pal system to work correctly.

The user can self log on, and chooses a payment, then when his browser is redirected to PayPal it returns an error "ERROR DETECTED This recipient does not accept paments in Euro. Please contact the seller and ask him to update his payment receiving preferencies to accept this currency".

But the business PayPal account I have set up is in Euros, and it is ticked to accept payments in other currencies and to convert. The business account email has been verified, and the business creditcard has been accepted and verified to validate the PayPal account.

Then woryingly, pressing the goto PayPal account button, on the error message, sends the user to the PayPal log on page, and displays the business account logon name, but fortunately not the password. I do not think it should do this!

Have you any ideas how I can solve this error, and can we prevent it displaying the PayPal business logon name (which is also our executives e-mail address) to a user when this error happens.
LazerTV

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:26 am    
Post subject: Papal error displays our business username (email) to users

Looking again at this problem and I think it may just be Windows putting in the Paypal log on address rather than Firstspot or PayPal, unfortunately all of the PC,s I have available to test this have visited the PayPal site at some time, and have logged the address.

I have also noticed that the PayPal logon account and original contact e-mail was never verified, only the second e-mail was verified, this second e-mail has been set as the PayPal primary return address which according to the instructions, should be all I have to do.

I do not think this is the cause of the original error where PayPal thinks that our account cannot accept euros.

I wonder if the following note on the PayPal Payment Receiving Preferences page gives a clue, it says "Note: If you are using IPN, you must update your scripts to handle payments in currencies other than U.S. Dollars".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: