SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

NAT Rules for VoIP.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danielillu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:24 pm    
Post subject: NAT Rules for VoIP.

I'm setting up a hotspot network to offer internet and voip services through linksys PAP2 and UTStarcom F1000 as I posted some days ago.

My problem is that Linksys PAP2 need to have redirected ports 6901-6920 udp.
With a no Firstspot network topology I have the following scenarios:
Using standard Routers, "new" ruters like 3com ADSL wifi (3cradsl72) xavi 7738, and I suppose many linksys and Dlink and any other new adsl routers, don't need port redirection to have many PAP2 working, not just one.

Also, using adsl routers like speedstream 5660 and 3com officeconnect 812, its necessary to redirect ports 6901-6920 udp to PAP2 ip address. So its only one pap2 allowed in the network. If no ports are redirected, pap2 user cannot listen any conversation, but call receiver can listen pap2 user.

Using firstspot in my network, is like there's no ports open, so I cannot listen through the phone.

I tink it's a NAT problem. that is excessively strict with port translation and don't allow some multiport protocols to work properly.

there's an option to bypass this, or something hidden to set nat restrictions?

Is this a known behaviour and it will be corrected on v4 beta 2 or v4 final?

My VoIP providers are Peoplecall (http://www.peoplecall.com) and VoIPBuster (http://www.voipbuster.com) and are correctly configured in PAP2 menu.

Thank you very much for helping us.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:48 am    
Post subject:

The easiest solution is actually to disable NAT within FirstSpot. Note the you need to add a return route in the next-hop router to make the network function correctly. If you still need NAT (e.g. to save IP), you can enable NAT in that router too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: