SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Configuration manager access

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pcolmer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:57 pm    
Post subject: Configuration manager access

In version 3, the accessibility of the configuration manager appears to be:

1. Direct on the FirstSpot server.

2. Optionally via the Access Point network interface.

3. Optionally via the Internet network interface.

What I'd like to be able to do is allow our Receptionist to access the config manager interface in order to generate bulk accounts or to reset access for guests who have exceeded pre-defined times. To that end, I'm planning on putting a third interface into the server.

Is it possible to configure the system so that the configuration manager is accessible through that interface and not the other two interfaces?

--Philip
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:05 pm    
Post subject:

You can take advantage of the Operators feature. Refer to the manual firstspot_guide.pdf for details.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:24 am    
Post subject:

Alan

Thank you for that. I had read about the Operator feature, and intended to use that to ensure that the Receptionists only had access to the configuration features I wanted them to access.

That said, I wasn't really happy with the idea of having to make the config interface generally available to anyone using the wireless network, which is sort of what is implied by turning it on for the AP network interface or the Internet network interface. This is why I had been thinking of using a third interface that only wired staff could access.

I have now thought of a way around the problem, but this might be something you could consider in a future version.

--Philip
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: