SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

v4 Database Switch and Documentation Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hubcomputers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:40 pm    
Post subject: v4 Database Switch and Documentation Question

I have v4 of the software running and under heavy usage I'm getting the following error:

Warning: odbc_connect(): SQL error: [Microsoft][ODBC dBase Driver] Too many client tasks., SQL state 08004 in SQLConnect in c:\program files\firstspot\cfgmgr load on line 19

I found another forum post from v3 that stated the resolution would be to switch the datasource to MySQL or SQL Server. Would this solve my issue with v4?

If so I don't have any documentation on configuring FirstSpot for another datasource, could I get that?

Troy McLennan
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:49 am    
Post subject:

This problem ( see http://www.patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=545 for more information ) is a Windows ODBC issue, so it cannot be fixed by FirstSpot v4. Again, you need either MySQL or SQL server if you have high concurrent access.

For updated requirement on MySQL or SQL server, please check out readme.rtf. Also, refer to Chapter 8 of firstspot_guide.pdf for instruction on setting up external ODBC datasource

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:51 pm    
Post subject: concurrent usage

how many users concurrently can firstspot handle? i NEED TO KNOW this info before i spend the money. i'm looking at around 200+
Ellensburg, WA USA
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:46 am    
Post subject:

We do have customers with around that range. Keep in mind that you need to have a decent PC and use MySQL/SQL server as datasource.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:32 pm    
Post subject: MySQL Problems Now

I have installed MySQL as you suggested and now I'm having the following problem:

I'm attempting to create a file dsn with MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver on a Windows XP Pro machine and I'm having trouble.

When I finish creating the file DSN using the Windows GUI I get the following message:

"A connection could not be made using the file data source parameters entered. Save non-verified file DSN?"

Here is the contents of my DSN file:
[ODBC]
DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver}
SERVER=127.0.0.1
PORT=3306
DATABASE=ihubusers

As a test I created system and user DSN files and was able to connect to the database without errors.

Do you have any ideas on how to resolve this problem?

Troy McLennan
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:57 pm    
Post subject:

Are you using MySQL 4.0.x? Please note that exact version in readme.rtf.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: