SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

surf time not credited

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mfleury

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:10 am    
Post subject: surf time not credited

Hello,

it seems to be a classic problem, so maybe you have a classic solution ?

I have v4 beta 2 trial. everything is working well, thanks to your forum, where a lot of answers can be found.
But, when a client buys a plan, he can pay through paypal, my account receives the money, but no connection time for him !

I have disabled my windows and norton firewall (let ports 5780-5795 open didn't change anything).

I don't have any paypal_txn.log file into the log directory

In the firstspot configuration manager, credit card, "show log", i can see the transaction.

My plan is really simple, 60 minutes, no specific limitation

I have a dynamic ip here, so, i have signed in www.no-ip.com, and create an address; which is entered like that http://www.xxxxx.no-ip.info:5789 in my publicly accessible url into "credit cards".

Can you help ?

Thanks

Matthieu
mfleury

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:48 am    
Post subject: forgot to say

i forgot to tell you that i've configured my paypal account according to the firstspot guide (payment notification : yes; url : blank)

thanks to answer as fast as pĂ´ssible, this is the last problem to solve before i buy the product

Matthieu
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:53 am    
Post subject:

Please refer to http://www.patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3573#3573 for an update on this issue.

Note that if you don't have paypal_txn.log file in the log subdirectory, that means PayPal traffic didn't get through your router / firewall at all. Please make sure such traffic can come in.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:25 am    
Post subject: new patch

I have a v3.1.4 and I have the same problem, for this reason I'm trying v4, may I use the same patch for my version? please I need help...
thanks
Isabel
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:32 am    
Post subject:

Again, the patch is only for v4 beta 2.

The v3 shouldn't have this problem in the PayPal module. Most likely you have a network configuration or PayPal setup issue instead.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:43 am    
Post subject:

I was talking with pay pal, every thing is ok with my accuont configuration, I was working with my network , I open all ports neccesry and turn off all the firewalls... and I still having problems,
mfleury

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:34 pm    
Post subject: no change

Hello,
i have installed the patch, but no change. As you say, my problem is probably paypall not beeing able to send info to my server. But :

- the windows firewall is disabled
- the DSL modem/router firewall is disabled
- the norton firewall is disabled

So, my problem should come from a bad configuration of my no-ip account ? It is the first time i use no-ip, so, maybe i am doing it wrong. I have been on their website, downloaded their program, create an account, and each time i start the computer, i automatically start their NUC program, that seems to properly link my actual IP address to this address i've created : http://www.xxxxx.no-ip.info:5789 .
And it is this address i've ntered into the firspot configuration : www.xxxxx.no-ip.info:5789.

So, what would be the next step ?

Thanks again for your help, i'm so close to open the service here that i wan't to go really fast.

Matthieu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: