SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

PC Hangs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sairuz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:01 pm    
Post subject: PC Hangs

I have a problem regarding the firstspot. Everytime i START the firstspot on the configuration the server hangs and the CPU Usage is 100%... But if did not START it the server is fine... What seems to be the problem? Im using windows XP as a server...
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:27 pm    
Post subject:

Try to use parameter _skip_nic_disable_enable. Please check out http://patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5884#5884

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:17 am    
Post subject:

Whew its a tough night to solve the problem... I purchase a router and put it between the firstspot server and internet... I found out that im experiencing an attack from outside probably a 3 way handshake attack and SQL Slammer attack thats according to the firewall i installed to the server before i decided to put a router... Thanks alan looking forward for the v5... Hope you have a firewall support or anti-DDOS ^_^
sairuz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:02 am    
Post subject:

Alan after a couple of hours the server runs fine... But after that the problem comes back again... And i found out when the dispatcherservice.exe runs it starts to hangs and then if the dhcpservice.exe runs i couldnt move anymore the cursor... Please help....Im using windows XP and the latest version 4.0.13

Thank you
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:13 am    
Post subject:

Please try the restricted_redirect option. Refer to http://www.patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1402 and http://www.patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1518 for more information.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:21 pm    
Post subject:

Ok ill try that first... Ill keep you posted if the problem still exist... Thanks alan..
sairuz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:51 am    
Post subject:

Alan the server runs fine when i use the _restricted_redirect options in the gateway settings. Maybe 12 hours later around 10 user connected to firstspot and then the problem exist again which makes the CPU goes to 100%.... Any additional resolve to this problem....
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:09 am    
Post subject:

The setting should be restricted_redirect. Please make sure you set it up correctly ( again, refer to http://www.patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1518 )

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:19 am    
Post subject:

Ok seems it working fine now...Have a couple of questions...

1. I cant find the link of the requirements of the STANDARD LICENSE on this site. Does STANDARD LICENSE supports WIN2K3?

2. After restricted_redirect was on it seems that on the STATUS section of FIRSTSPOT i see some clients connected but no IP ADDRESS stated... What seems to be the problem?

3. We have the license but i cant contact the one who supplies us the license is it possible we could send you the mac address of the NIC Cards in case we change the NIC Cards?

Thank you alan.
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:15 am    
Post subject:

1) No. See http://patronsoft.com/firstspot/editions.html for details.

2) This is unrelated to the restricted_redirect parameter. Refer to chapter 3 (Status session) of firstspot_guide.pdf for an explanation.

3) Yes, of course. Just email us at firstspot@patronsoft.com and state clearly your old MAC plus the original reseller that sold you the license.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:28 am    
Post subject:

restricted_redirect is installed properly i saw it on the log file.. But the CPU still hogs 100% if i start it...
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:36 am    
Post subject:

I suspect something wrong with your FirstSpot setting. Can you recall what did you change just before this problem occurs?

As a last resort, you might need to reinstall FirstSpot.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:03 am    
Post subject:

Actually ive done 3 times format and reinstall of the firstspot... But still same problem... After i install i just copy the datasource folder and then the license key from the old folder of firstspot... And then after several hours the problem came back...
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:25 am    
Post subject:

The only thing I can think of is your datasource. Try to use Export/Import instead of directly copy the datasource files over. Refer to chapter 5 of firstspot_guide.pdf ("Upgrade/Migration issues" session) for more information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: