SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

new installation - ncannot access anything!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pfarmer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:33 pm    
Post subject: new installation - ncannot access anything!!

I’ve installed trial version of the Patronsoft software – version 5. Don’t know where I’ve gone wrong but can’t get it to do much at all. I can go into the web manager, start the services but that's about it.

With the services started I can get an IP address form the DHCP service. But cannot then connect to any sites. My public IP address on the server interface is 10.28.254.254. Private interface address is 10.99.254.254. Laptop gets IP address in the correct range 10.99.x.x. But I can’t even go to the page http://10.28.254.254 as per the pdf manual. If I stop the services and start them one by one in the windows services window, I could access the server welcome page without the dispatcher and redirector services running. But I couldn’t get to an external web site. I then started the dispatcher service and could get to external sites. Then started the redirector service and could still access external sites but was not redirected to the landing page even though non of the sites were listed as free sites in the Patronsoft configuration.

Then rebooted the server and started the services through Patronsoft web configuration and could not get any web pages again (external, internal, landing page).

Not sure where to go now – any ideas??
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:27 am    
Post subject:

Please check out http://patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1086 and the readme.rtf. You may encounter the Offloading issue.

Try to keep your setup simple and use default settings initially. Also, you shouldn't need to start/stop individual FirstSpot services. Just make sure FirstSpot is started correctly within Configuration Manager.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:44 pm    
Post subject:

yes - it works fine now.
As I've installed the trial, will I install a license key if I purchase (advanced edition) or will I need to reinstall. Or how much configuration shall I make before buying.

Thanks
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:20 am    
Post subject:

There is no need to reinstall. Once you make the purchase, we will issue you a license key which will unlock the trial version.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: