SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Mesh Network

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hostu

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:10 pm    
Post subject: Mesh Network

I am checking out the trial software, but now i have one question,, in our mesh i see how this works and provides the ip addresses, but in a mesh at any access point that has an internet access available it can become a gateway, can i install this on another box at at another ap that has access and acts as a gateway when it and if it has the best link,,, any thoughts and or direction is welcome, as i see how this can work as long as there is only one gateway but that limits the and kinda defeats the purpose of the self healing nature of a mesh system...

chuck
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:02 am    
Post subject:

Isn't that even though for Mesh network, it is more a mesh in the wireless level, and eventually it leads one land-based connection? You should put FirstSpot next to the land-based connection, in that case FirstSpot will be in the outgoing path for all of your client PC.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:34 am    
Post subject: mesh

we are looking at other ways, but the mesh would work best with us and iam sure we will use ps somewhere, but say in a normal mesh we have 10 ap's 1 - 10 ..... 1 is ap and gateway 234 ap 5 ap and gateway 789 10 ap's all see each other but ap's 89 see 5 better than 1 so they use its gateway and it's internet connection instad of 1 the whole thing with the mesh is to have as many shared internet connectios within the mesh so that if one goes down they still can auto find another and so forth,, so i would need a patronsoft machine on each dsl, cable, t1 that a ap maybe connected to or can the patronbox some how be used on a public ip address ... ie: the ps box at my office on t1 with public ip and our mesh starts at another loacation with a different connection to the internet,, iam thinking out loud hear and my head starting to hurt so i need some thought from the experts !
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:44 am    
Post subject:

Well, in order for FirstSpot to work, it needs to be in outgoing path of client connection. See http://patronsoft.com/firstspot/topologies.html for a typical network setup. FirstSpot doesn't really distinguish between the physical medium, as long as it is TCP/IP.

We do have customer using mesh with FirstSpot, though I am not totally sure about his exact setup. One thing is that I think they use IP-based Session Handling (maybe the mesh hides the client MAC). You might want need to consult your mesh vendor to tailor the mesh with FirstSpot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: