SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

Error with plan / user database?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MessWeb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:51 pm    
Post subject: Error with plan / user database?

Hi,
I've just set up a new server with V 5.0x. When a person buys the plan (expires 1 day from when they next log in), it doesn't insert a time / date when it runs out, but says it 'never' runs out and has unlimited minutes. I know the unlimited minutes bit isn't a problem, becasue the account is due to expire in 1 day, but the user database doesn't insert the expiry date so it could go on for ever. Any suggestions? This is the fourth server I've set up so I am reletively experienced.
Andy
dominic
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:28 am    
Post subject:

Is your case here the same as you've mentioned in http://patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2059 ?

If so, please follow my suggestions in that thread and set a past date in "Suspend date and time" attribute of the new plan for initialization of that field.
MessWeb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:14 pm    
Post subject:

Hi,
is this is new function on v5, i don't seem to remember having this problem with v4? Infact - I don't think I get it on another v5 server i've installed either.

Can you clarify - I make a new plan, at nil cost, with no time, and an expired date and if i select it in the 'sign up' plan drop down menu, all new people will automatically be allocated an expired account, which they can then top up with a new plan from the shopping cart?

Andy
dominic
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:55 am    
Post subject:

The Self sign-up Plan option is new and the top up behaviour has a little bit change in v5. You may refer to the version history from here: http://www.patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1880 .

For your example, it is correct basically and I have the following comment:
1) The new plan should have no relationship with cost as it won't be listed out in Shopping Cart.
2) Setting an expired date is enough (no need to set "no time" or 0 mins airtime credit) unless your plans in Shopping Cart update both expiry date and airtime credit.
MessWeb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:49 am    
Post subject:

Many thanks - it seems like a very long winded way of doing it, and I don't know why its changed, but, your answer is very clear and has sorted it out. Many thanks.
cainpro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:36 am    
Post subject: same problem

I'm having the same problem. whn someone but 24 hour access, it sets them to never expire.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: