SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   RegisterRegister 

3 network cards configuration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timhenley

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:41 pm    
Post subject: 3 network cards configuration

Hi have installed the trail and got most things working. But need some advice before we buy the system.
We are a college looking to secure and monitor our Wireless access while providing student access to part of wired Active Directory network- a local webserver run a Moodle website to student can access there course work.

I have installed 3 network Cards as follows

Local wired network using Win2003 active directory using IP 192.168.25.1
Webserver Running Moodle IP address 192.168.25.3

Wireless access network using Partonsoft IP range 192.168.30.1

Internet connection uisng a load Balancing router that provides (as we have low ADSL speeds) Internet 192.168.2.1

The patronsoft works great on our wireless access but I can not seem to get the system to use our load balancing router as the internet connection.
I can configure the system to use the Active directory network Internet connection. But we want to reserve this for our wired network and force the wireless network to use the Load balanced internet connection.
We are using ODBC authentication.

I need the active directory connection to provide access to internal webserver only not the Internet as well.

Can you suggest some setting to try to sort this out. I have tried all that I know

When we fix this we will buy the software as it does exactly what we want.
Its Great

Many Thanks
Tim Henley
alan
Forum facilitator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:09 am    
Post subject:

Officially, FirstSpot only supports a two network cards configuration.

But you can try:

1) make sure our FirstHop driver is only bind to your Visitor Network Interface but not the other 2 network cards (go to Network Connections -> Properties, uncheck FirstHop driver for your network card if necessary). Reboot Windows if you make any changes

2) do NOT set Default Gateway for the network card with IP 192.168.25.x (otherwise it will confuse routing).

Check out http://patronsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2287 for a discussion on similar issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FirstSpot Forum Index -> Pre-sales Support Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: